ADVERTISEMENT

...Just Another Friday night..

Dawg 74

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2010
Well, it's been awhile...I had decided to "back away", and I have, but just couldn't resist commenting here..I take no pleasure in doing so really..my bride, who has her father's fierce internal optimism and loyalty to Tech, wanted to go to see our tailgate friends mainly..yes, we were among about 3-4 tailgate tents...had some great gumbo, and got to visit with about 15 people..I wasn't going in the stadium, but the "package' our guy had on TV didn't include CBSSN amazingly, so, was shamed into going in....I have NOT looked at other's commenting on the game thread...I am positive they've all "nailed it"...but, folks, there is hardly a "bevy" of English words that can describe how abysmal EVERYTHING was...form attendance, to continued lame internal game management, to absolutely about the worst coaching and performance I have ever seen....and, silly me, I thought I'd seen the bottom of the barrel!🤪 OH YES, WE HAD THE BIG 2:00 announcement on the "North End Zone" today...very good....but just when I thought I'd seen the worst of the worst, last night happened....and, btw, yes, I did cajole my even flabbergasted bride into leaving at halftime....being a die hard and proud Tech person, it just tears to your very core...yes, I admit it....and, to me, what's sad is "we don't fire people, it's not who we are", kind of presents a dismal near future, which to me is unfathomable...i am NOT a COACH, thank God, but how any reasonable human can't see that just about our entire coaching staff is well below average is mind boggling to me...I mean, just bad..the "kid's" were ill prepared, obviously mentally shut down, unfocused, not disciplined....and though I do think we have average talent in most areas, the kids are getting short changed big time with poor, poor coaching and leadership(whatever that is)...

Well, no sense going on...truly enjoyed seeing my good friends, many of whom I wont see until next football season...and that's really why we went because we hadn't been since September...but, last week(Charlotte) kind of gave me a "false hope"...however, a good Netflix show would have been a wiser choice(and, like many who were, i would have been at a HS game but our HS of choice was out of town in the playoffs)....just seeing this s***show one more time reminded us of why we had stopped going in the first place...it truly is hard to put in words...

Wishing ALL of you a very Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News