ADVERTISEMENT

OFF TOPIC What is $2?

Pilot172000

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2011
You know me. You know I can't help but play with numbers. I just wanted to run something by you and see what devoted Tech Alumni thing about this.

What is $2 to a person? How much does $2 affect you, me or a college kid on campus? How can $2 make a difference in the future of Louisiana Tech University? Well let me show you. Supposed we managed to add a service fee of $2 a credit hour to each student on campus to go to our UNIVERSITY ENDOWMENT. For a college graduate that would equate to $240 over his undergraduate career. For a Grad student just $60. Many student's like myself attended but didn't get to walk across that stage and snatch the diploma from the jaws of defeat, but we did attend and logged a ton of hours while there. Based on the assumption that the students at Tech average about 30 hours each and the current population is 11,957 today. That would mean that after four years of undergraduate work and another year in a Master's program the student body will have increased our overall endowment by $3,816,706.59. This is a trick used by private schools to grow their endowment and the numbers are pretty convincing. On top of that the 5% withdrawal would amount to $519,326 back into the University over the five year period. This of course is under the assumption that we have a 7.5% growth with 2.5% going back into the fund.

11,957 students
$2 per credit hour
30 hour avg per year
Equals $717,420
Compound Frequency of 4 quarters
Interest factor of 2.5% assuming another 5% is withdrawn for use
$3,816,706.59 into the endowment
$519,326 back into the school over that period.

Reactions: BCarlisle37
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News