ADVERTISEMENT

OFF TOPIC Baseball & Football

PPickerNBigD

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2018

I spent mid-afternoon having lunch at the Blue Goose Cantina, a Mexican restaurant on Lower Greenville Avenue, in Dallas. This was my first visit since December 2016. For you alums who lived in Dallas back in the days of the WAC or perhaps drove over to catch a men's or women's basketball game at SMU, I coordinated three events at the Blue Goose, approximately 2+ miles from the campus.

Today, I began a conversation with a lady, late 70s, who was seated at the bar. I told her that I'm formerly from a small town in NE Louisiana, and I'm a 1980 La. Tech alum. She replied, "my son went to Tech and played baseball." Her son is Bryan Lynn Bell, age 45 (born Sept. 1975). She could not recall the name of the head coach. I mentioned Pat Patterson and Mike Kane, but she was not sure of the coach's name. She loved the travel to Ruston to watch the games on the weekends.

Does anyone recall Bryan, his years at Tech, and his position? Bryan resides in Dallas. I gave her a business card with my contact info. I hope he reaches out to me.

After the above-mentioned lady left the bar, two TCU alums walked in around 3:00 and sat at the bar. I heard them talking about OU and TX football, and they were reading comments from other TCU fans on where TCU may be headed. Iheard them mention La. Tech is being mentioned as a possible addition to the Big 12 Conference. Interesting!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News