ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Fall Camp Practice Report 8/11 (Scrimmage #1)

BCarlisle37

BTB Publisher
Staff
Dec 21, 2015
Ruston, LA
Cousar, Wallace, Floyd, Davenport, McKnight, DJ Jackson, and Willie Allen were out. Cousar was working out pre-scrimmage. He seems to be getting closer.

Like Cavedawg mentioned, it is a possibility that Stallworth redshirts due to his shoulder, but he’s still practicing.

Kitchen and Alfred Smith have taken their knee braces off.

J’Mar had a really nice day, along with Elliot.

J’Mar had a deep ball throw for a TD to Bonnette.

J’Mar had one INT, ball went through Belton’s hands, Williamson had the pick.

Elliot threw 2 TDs. One down the seem to Powell. One deep ball to Toussant that was about 80 yards.

Walker threw one pick six to the walk-on CB Harris. Returned it 70 yards.

The staff is jacked up about Toussant. Easy speed, so fluid, you’re not catching him in open field. He had a really nice day.

Run game was solid throughout the day. All three RBs are going to play.

Allen threw two INTs. One by Jacob Adams and one by Windmon.

Ferguson was disruptive all day, he’s going to have a big year.

Defense played a 3 man front for most of the day, some DTs are banged up.

Keep an eye on walk on OL, Noah Pitre, he has a chance to be a good one. Turned down multiple FCS offers to come walk-on at Tech.

Hale and Farlow both kicked the ball well. Farlow had one miss. Battle may go into the season.

Dyer is the punter, Farlow is no longer punting.

Defense was flying around all day, they impress me more and more each day.

I can’t overstate how impressive Williamson has been. “Future captain” is how he has been described.

James Jackson had a nice day at his OLB spot. He’s gonna start.

Bobby Holly had a couple of nice catches. Made plays on the ball in the air.

Rossell is the best freshman tackle at this point. Retains stuff better, good athlete.

Defense did have the upper hand today, but struggled at times in the interior in the run game. Probably do to lack of bodies. Bradford was held out.

Wren made a couple of nice plays over the middle. He’s a huge target.

Smoke will get the ball in multiple ways this year. Didn’t have much room on a couple of reverses today, the defense is so good at keeping contain.

Willie Baker had a nice day at his DE spot. He’s going to contribute this year. I heard that he’s just grown up so much in the offseason.

Tech is lucky to have Steven Shaw. He’ll be one of the better players in the 2018 class. I doubt he’d be here if he played DL in HS.

Jake Norris made a couple of nice plays. One nice crossing route in front of Hannibal. He’ll be on travel squad if i were guessing.

Connor Taylor continues to run sideline to sideline so well. The spring put him way ahead of Trey Baldwin. If Taylor, Washington, and Jackson aren’t the 3 LBs against South Alabama I’ll be surprised.

Before the scrimmage in 7-on-7, J’Mar was dropping dimes to his WRs on deep balls against man coverage. Made one beautiful throw to Alfred Smith.

It may be me, but Alfred looks to be a little faster this year.

I didn’t think the WRs blocked as well as they need to.

Out of Gullatt (LB that went to ULM) and Adams, Tech is believed to have gotten the better LB from West Monroe.

Tomorrow is an off day.

I’ll answer any questions, and any of you that were there please provide your insight!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News