ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL It’s Time

johnnylightnin

All-American
Gold Member
Feb 15, 2006
Not that anybody cares, but here are my thoughts n Tech football. I’ve been a fan since my brother started at Tech in 1994. Really got engaged as a student in the McCown years. Watched Dooley turn it around, Dykes make it exciting, and Skip establish us as a regular bowl team.

Frankly, since 2020, I’ve been pretty disengaged. I couldn’t even muster much anger last night as Tulsa, a bad team, beat us at home.

I believed it was time for Skip to go when he was fired. The game had changed and we were no longer competitive. I still believe Cumbie is the type of coach we should hire at Tech. When we fire him, I hope we choose an OC from a P5 with a high scoring rep.

That said, in 2.5 years, our offense is just as bad as it was on day one. We’re not progressing. The game has changed since Skip left and Cumbie seems unable to recruit the players he needs to run his system…at least to Louisiana Tech. We must find someone who can.

There are always challenges at Tech and other schools in our situation. That said, even if the days of Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime are over, we must be competitive against our peers. If we can’t do that (I firmly believe we can), it’s time to go cheap across the board and pour our resources into MBB and baseball.

I know firing Cumbie will be expensive. In my opinion, retaining him will cost us far more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.