ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Take the Over +4.5

kappakall

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2021
Guys,

I think this team will overachieve this year. If you look at last season, 3 games were lost due to poor defensive coaching. cumbie can scheme enough to put points on the board. The defense will be better and will make plays.

Concerns on defense:
1. Will play a bunch of man 2 man. Typically this happens when you don't have a good front and you will rely on blitzing to cause problems. #11 will be tested a lot, hopefully he has learned to turn his head and make a play on the ball. Both Corners are under 5'11.

2. Smart teams will see the inexperience and talent on the front and if teams decide to go 2TE's and run downhill, will we be able to stop them? Do we have enough depth to handle heavy run teams?

3. Who will step up as the next corner to play.

4. Can Zimos play in the box and play run stuffer? Can Fields? Both can run, however when teams say here we come downhill, can we make stops?

Concerns of Offense:
1. cumbie is still playing around with the depth chart 2 full weeks into the season. Marlion is running 2/3's when will he get 1st team reps? Why is #47 still starting? I guess cumbie believes Jack & the starting WR's don't need critical work before the season.

2. If one of the backup QB's have to play, can they get the job done ?

3. Who will get the touches that Smoke got for the last 3 years? Who will step up?

4. Will we put our 4 best WR's on the field and let Jack go to work?

5. Will the Line give Jack enough time to deliver the football?

Special Teams
1. Can Buck knock down FG's this year?

2. Who will provide the spark in the Punt return game?

3. Can we flip the field with our new punters?

The main reason I see the over is the totally weak football schedule. If no serious injuries, we should be able to get 6 wins with this schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.