ADVERTISEMENT

POLITICS - ENTER AT OWN RISK 2016 Presidential election

rhshirley

Hall of Famer
Jan 17, 2008
Dallas
What is the meaning of "Trump?" What, if anything, is he reflecting regarding the national mindset? Career politicians, news pundits, you and me, everyone, is trying to assess whether he is simply a new toy, of which we have already or will soon enough tire, or whether he represents something much more fundamental in our belief system. Is he the lightening rod of a silent revolution, a new 1776, a reaction to the utterly corrupt politics of Washington, or is he the yen to Obama's yang, the opposite side of the same coin of divisional politics? Will he further Obama's politics of winner-takes-all, to-hell-with-the-loser? Or is he Buford Pusser, the only guy tough enough, and independent enough, to break the flagrantly corrupt cabal of politicians, bureaucrats, lobbyists, and the mainstream media?

I confess. I love to hear him speak of America being unapologetically great again; of taking control of our border, a requisite for any sovereign nation; of America being unique in the world by the manner in which it was founded and organized, and because of which we have a unique role in world affairs.

But must he be my president? Can't I just hire him as a consultant to mock and publicly ridicule the strutting empty suits in Congress, to ridicule the electorate for continuing to elect those empty suits, to call liars liars, and to humiliate the media by revealing how shallow, condescending and manipulative it truly is?

Is it too late to voice resolute principle without it being accompanied by a sailor's vocabulary? But, is it resolute principle that we are hearing? Can he, as he claims, genuinely like Pelosi, Reid, and others, and truly be principled? Or is it that he is pragmatic (worldly) enough to be able to actually govern with only limited use of dictatorial executive orders?

I know this. As a nation, we do not feel safe, and we are NOT safe; our economy is sick, and not in just a cyclical way; the ONE commonality that we all share, the CONSTITUTION, is under all out assault; and divisional politics and the cult of victimization have us imminently close to becoming a Balkanized Europe.

I don't think Trump is THE answer, but is he an acceptable answer?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News