ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Cumbie on the 2023 Signing Class - 2.1.2023

BCarlisle37

BTB Publisher
Staff
Dec 21, 2015
Ruston, LA
Cumbie's thought from Wednesday:

- Great to put a stamp on this class from a high school perspective. It's a great class. We are probably done with high school kids, but we will likely add a couple more transfers if we can find the right guys. Great talent, great character. Testament to the job that our staff did. They put in a lot of work on the road.
- We feel like we improved our football team on both sides of the ball. We still have some work to do on defense in the transfer portal. We can reflect a little bit on it today.
- Lots of good football players in TX & LA. That's what attracted our staff to this job. We don't want to fly anywhere, and we didn't have to for these high school guys. We want to keep that trend going.
- This is our footprint. We have to continue to have a strong presence in the state of LA. We might have faced a little pushback early on being a bunch of Texas guys, but this is our home base. This is the state that we want to serve.
- Charlie Robinson is big and powerful. Great upside. We need help in the pass rush and hope he can help with that. Coach Camp and Coach Turner did a great job with him.
- Ked Harper, we think he's going to be a great player for us. He'll play the field side. He's very long. He's very fast. He has so much upside. We'll add a lot of strength to him. State Champion, knows what it is like to win. That background attracted us to him as well.
- I think you are always looking at your own process in terms of evaluation and the offer process. How early you might offer a kid, that type of stuff. The two junior days we had last year were primarily kids from Louisiana & Texas, a lot from Louisiana. 8 of our 12 from LA were at one of those junior days. It speaks testaments to the types of kids we recruited. Our W/L record wasn't where we wanted it to be, but they stuck with us. Kids that are coming here for the right reasons. We will always look for more efficient ways to do things. We feel like we want to just continue picking up steam in LA and string some wins together and continue bringing in better talent.
- It was a balanced class offense and defense. We improved a lot at LB and DE in the portal, upgraded at QB. Two HS QBs we signed throw the ball well, and they are winners. Evan went 13-1. Furthest the school has ever gone. Our OL staff knocked it out the park. One of the best OL classes I've ever been around, regardless of where I've been previously.
- We don't look at recruiting rankings too much. We evaluate film and go off our evaluations. 3-4 years from now I hope we can look back at this class and say those guys won a bunch of football games. Hopefully they bring us a conference championship and play in a lot of big bowl games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News