ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Eric Konkol Recruiting Classes at La Tech

BCarlisle37

BTB Publisher
Staff
Dec 21, 2015
Ruston, LA
Konkol Recruiting Classes

Today we are going to take a look at Eric Konkol’s recruiting classes throughout his time at Louisiana Tech. Over 1,600 words. A few more misses than I thought, but here we go:

• - G Derric Jean (6’2, 170) out of Miami, FL. Played in 137 games (90 starts) over his five years at La Tech. Averaged 8.7 points, 3.1 rebs, and 2.5 assts. Career 38% from 3. One of three players in program history with 1,100 points, 400 rebounds, 300 assists, and 150 steals. Ultimate competitor, phenomenal defender. Will play overseas for a long time. In my opinion, solid recruit.
  • - G LeAntwan Luckett (6’4, 184) out of Ridgeland, MS. Luckett played in 29 games (5 starts) in his one season at La Tech. He was a grad transfer from Alcorn State. Averaged 3.2 points in 11 min per game. In my opinion, just didn’t fit real well, hunted his shot too much, but Konk took the chance on him after the Speedy, Appleby, and Kyser group graduated. Just didn’t work out.
  • - JC G Da’Shawn Robinson (6’4, 200) out of Houston, TX. Played in 18 games (2 starts) over his 2 years at La Tech. Played 15 games his first season, only 3 his second due to injuries. Transferred to Lamar for his senior year where he only played in 6 games. In my opinion, wasn’t a D1 guy.
  • - F Jy’Lan Washington (6’8, 180) out of Smyrna, TN. Played in 97 games (17 starts) over his 3 seasons at La Tech. Averaged 5.4 pts, 3 rebounds, shot 54% from 3 as a sophomore. Transferred to Tennessee State for his last season where he averaged 10.5 pts in 23 minutes a game. In my opinion, decent rotation player for a guy signed so late.

• - JC F/C Omar Sherman (6’8, 255) out of Duncanville, TX. Played 33 games (33 starts) in his one season at La Tech. Averaged 9.6 pts and 5.1 rebs in 21 minutes per game. Really good player, decided to pursue professional options after his one season. Started career at Miami. In my opinion, most talented big Konkol has signed.
  • - G DaQuan Bracey (5’11, 180) out of Baltimore, MD. Played in 119 games (101 starts) over his 4 seasons at La Tech. Was a contributor the day he stepped on campus. One of three players in program history with 1,400 points and 500 assists. Had some really high moments where he carried Tech to some wins, had some really low moments where he truly cost Tech some games. Kudos to him for sticking around for 4 years, most guys as talented as he was would have left. In my opinion, best guard Konkol has signed.
  • - G Jalen Harris (6’5, 180) out of Duncaville, TX. Played in 38 games (13 starts) over his 1.5 seasons at La Tech. Averaged 12.2 points in 23.5 minutes per game at Tech. Transferred to Nevada in middle of 2017-2018 season. Averaged 22 points, 6.5 rebs, and 4 assists at Nevada in 2019-2020. Might get a shot in NBA one day. Excellent scorer. In my opinion, best wing Konkol has signed.
  • - F Jacolby Pemberton (6’6, 180) out of Dallas, TX. Has played in 81 games (39 starts) during his first 4 years at La Tech. Redshirted his first year in Ruston due to a torn ACL in HS. Has averaged 6.4 points and 4 rebs in 20 minutes a game over the course of his career. Really good role player, especially when he’s healthy. Can guard multiple positions. Not a great shooter. In my opinion, the epitome of a decent college basketball player.
  • - F Oliver Powell (6’8, 220) out of Rowlett, TX. Played in 120 games (50 starts) over his 4 seasons in Ruston. Averaged 4.4 points and 3.7 rebounds over 18 min per game in his career. From his sophomore year to the middle of his junior year he was a pretty good player averaged 7 and 5 a night but regressed from there. I think a lot of it was confidence. In my opinion, decent big, odd career with how he regressed.

• - G Exavian Christon (6’4, 180) out of Hot Springs, TX. Has played in 56 games (9 starts) over his 3 season at La Tech. Has 4.7 points in 15 min per game. As a sophomore, he was averaging 12 points per game on 52% shooting from field, 41% from 3, and 81% at FT line before a freak injury ended his season. Was in and out of rotation this past season but wasn’t himself at all. Will be interesting to see if he can get back to his old self. In my opinion, was on his way to being a 1,000 point scorer, but I’m not sure what he becomes now.
  • - G Amorie Archibald (6’4, 180) out of Deltona, FL. Has played in 90 games (73 starts) over his 3 seasons at La Tech. Has averaged 9.9 points and 3.3 rebs in 27 minutes per game over his career. Will go over 1,000 points as a senior. Good leader on the floor. In my opinion, a better than average college player.
  • - F Anthony Duruji (6’6, 190) out of Potomac, MD. Played in 65 games (52 starts) over his 2 seasons at La Tech. Averaged 9.7 points in 26 minutes per game. A player that was really starting to figure things out late in his sophomore seasons. Had a chance to be a star. Made the decision to transfer to Florida following the 2018-2019 season and sat out this past season. In my opinion, a good signing, would have been an all-conference guy by the time he left.
  • - F Harrison Curry (6’7, 230) out of Ann, Arbor, MI. Played in 1 game over his one season at La Tech. Missed remainder of season with a knee injury and transferred.
  • - C Kyle McKinley (6’10, 230) out of Stillwater, MN. Played in 14 games over his 2 seasons at La Tech. He just didn’t fit, he didn’t work hard enough, he wasn’t good enough to play at this level. In my opinion, the biggest miss Konkol has had.

• - G Kalob Ledoux (6’4, 210) out of Port Barre, LA. Played in 29 games (6 starts) during his first season at La Tech. Transferred to La Tech from McNeese following the 2017-2018 season. Averaged 11.6 points in 22 min per game and won C-USA 6th man of the year. Hit 58 threes, most on the team, shot 45% from the field. Can hunt his shot too much at times. Will be the go-to scorer in 2020-2021. In my opinion, really good pure scorer, the one guy that can go get 25 on any night.
  • - G Ra’Shawn Langston (6’3, 200) out of Little Rock, AR. Played in 33 games during his 1 season at La Tech. Averaged 7.2 points per game. Transferred after one season, sat out at McNeese this past season. In my opinion, he was an ok player, got more minutes than he deserved due to injuries. Had a really funky shot.
  • - JC F/C Mo Muhammed (6’7, 220) out of Suleja, Nigeria. Played in 62 games (30 starts) over his 2 seasons at La Tech. Averaged 7 points and 6.7 rebounds in 21 minutes per game during his career. Had a really nice senior season. Played with incredible effort. In my opinion, how did we find this guy? How did he end up at BPCC?
  • - F/C Stacey Thomas (6’9, 210) out of Houston, TX. Has played in 38 games over his first 2 seasons at La Tech as a reserve big man. Jury is still out on whether or not he was a quality recruit. Has shown flashes at times that he is. Will be a back-up again in 2020-2021.

• - G Cobe Williams (5’11, 170) out of Dallas, TX. Played in 29 games during his first season at La Tech. Will be the next great guard at Tech. Averaged 4.3 points and 2.2 rebs in 15 min per game. Started playing 25 minutes a game late in freshman season. Is a much better shooter than his 25% 3-point % may indicate. Tenacious defender. In my opinion, will be a guy that fan flock towards with the hair and style that he plays the game.
  • - G/F Xaiver Armstead (6’5, 200) out of Waco, TX. Played in 16 games during his first season at La Tech. Never could really crack the rotation. When he did play, he showed an ability to really shoot the ball. In my opinion, Tech might have missed on him. I’m not sure he’s going to put in the work that it takes to get on the floor with this group.
  • - F Isaiah Crawford (6’5, 210) out of Fort Worth, TX. Played in 16 games (10 starts) during his first season at La Tech. A Torn ACL ended his freshman campaign early. Averaged 8.3 points and 4.3 rebs in 22 min per game. He just does it all, the stats don’t jump off the page, but he makes an impact in so many different areas. Can guard multiple positions, deflections on defense, can shoot some from outside, can beat you off the dribble, just a fun guy to watch. In my opinion, if he recovers from the ACL, he’ll be an all-conference guy before he leaves.
  • - C Andrew Gordon (6’10, 250) from Clearwater, FL. Played in 29 games (1 start) during his first season at La Tech. Transferred to Tech from West Virginia after playing for Bob Huggins in 2018-2019. Averaged 4.4 points and 3.3 rebounds in 11 minutes per game. Will start at C in 2020-2021. In my opinion, has a chance to be an impact rim protector, must get in better shape.
2020 – Class is TBD

• - JC G Jace Bass (6’3, 180) out of Carson, CA.
  • - G Thailand Elder (6’1, 175) out of Allen, TX.
  • - F Kenneth Lofton Jr. (6’6, 230) out of Port Arthur, TX.
  • - C Kenny Hunter (6’10, 230) out of Shreveport, LA.
Your thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News