ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Potential HC Candidates at LA Tech

BCarlisle37

BTB Publisher
Staff
Dec 21, 2015
Ruston, LA
Sounds like we are getting close to the end of this thing.

Should be 3 finalists, I think. I’m not saying the names listed below are the finalists, but these are the guys that could still be involved.

Wes Flanigan — Auburn assistant
Talvin Hester — Texas Tech assistant
Quannas White — Houston assistant
Austin Claunch — Nicholls State HC
Steve Lutz — Texas A&M CC HC

I’m working hard, trying to gather more intel. I’ll be honest though, it’s been VERY QUIET. VERY POSSIBLE there are more names involved.

6:55 PM, Saturday 3/26:

- Sounds like Alvin Brooks at Baylor is out of the mix.

9:15 AM, Sunday 3/27:

- Talvin Hester has arrived in Ruston, LA this morning. Does this mean he’s the new HC at La Tech? I’m not ready to say that just yet, but it has to be looking good for him.

10:25 AM, Sunday 3/27:

- Deal isn’t done yet. Sounds like Austin Claunch at Nicholls is still involved, maybe one more. Might Talvin be in the driver’s seat since he got the first in-person interview? Very possible, but it does sound like a couple others are still involved.

2:40 PM, Sunday 3/27:

- I have confirmed that Talvin Hester’s interview has concluded.

9:05 PM, Sunday 3/27:

- I’m 90% sure that Talvin Hester is the only person that Tech has met with in-person. That leads me to believe he’s the favorite. Could Texas Tech pony up and keep him? For sure. Could LA Tech decide to meet in-person with another candidate? For sure. Could a contract with Hester be done by tomorrow? Very possible.
- Claunch is also involved in the HC search at Chattanooga.

8:30 AM, Monday 3/28:

- This thing will be finished up today.

1:00 PM, Monday 3/28:

- As previously reported, Talvin Hester will be introduced at the new HC at LA Tech on Tuesday.
- Hester will meet with the team around 5:30-6 tonight. Guys are jacked up. I’ve heard that he’s got some very big plans/ideas as far as what he wants to do with this roster.
- Austin Claunch interviewed for the job in-person on Saturday. Good interview, still really young.
- Hester and Claunch with the 2 finalists.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News