ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Some News to “Report”

I still think Cumbie is a real sh*thead. I can't wait for him to leave Tech so we can get a real coach.
This is how many feel. But for now, it is no longer about character (Ben has it, and bananas are yellow), not about who was right (Ben was and my paper came this morning), not about the past (3-9 records hopefully won’t be the good old days). It is about doing the best we can for Tech and hoping we can move forward.

Reactions: white47
I still think Cumbie is a real sh*thead. I can't wait for him to leave Tech so we can get a real coach.
That's really the problem for Sonny moving forward.

He could turn this program around (I really hope he does).

But what he did in this instance and then the way he doubled down will always stay with most of us.

I've been around Tech athletics since the mid 70s. I can't imagine a head coach of any of our programs ever doing anything like this.

But what he did in this instance and then the way he doubled down will always stay with most of us.

I've been around Tech athletics since the mid 70s. I can't imagine a head coach of any of our programs ever doing anything like this.
I generally agree. But because I am inside the BTB bubble and live in Dallas, I don't know the breadth and depth of the exposure this incident received and retention by the public. By the time football season starts in the fall, has the incident just evaporated away such that most fans will not even think briefly about it as Cumbie runs out on the field for the first game.

Winning cures all......... HE wins 7 plus games next year, this will be largely forgotten

He has another losing season............ BYE FELICIA
Very true. Most folks can accept a HC who is a real A hole if he is winning and has a clean program. Be that way with a bad program and it's lynch mob time.

Having spoke to some Tech alumns (casual Tech sports fan), they don't think too highly of him. With two losing seasons and this incident getting leaked onto the socials, the Tech family ain't happy with him. Gonna be interesting if he shows his face at those Bulldog Blitz. I imagine there would be some awkward interactions.

I don't think he will turn it around in year 3, we got some hot CUSA teams and his leadership just led us to an embarrassing season. Remember, we lost to newcomer Sam Houston State very badly 27-42!

Reactions: dog1970
I want a conference championship I don’t care to go 5-7 and play in some stupid bowl game

Winning conference with a Cumbie team looks very doubtful. We barely beat two conference-mates this year. Cumbie should worry not to get embarrassed by Nicholls State next year.

Non-Conference
Nicholls State, @NC State, Tulsa, @Arkansas​
Conference
@FIU, UTEP, @WKU, MTSU, @NMSU, Liberty, @SHSU, JAX State​

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT