ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Zach Hannibal to make decision after Ouachita's spring game

J. Ford

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 19, 2009
Hendersonville, TN
www.jford.net
Jason posted Zach Hannibal as one of the possible next commitments back on April 18. Last night, I caught up with Hannibal to see how close he might be to a decision.

Monroe Ouachita began spring practice last week and Hannibal has seen coaches from Arkansas State, Ole Miss, Texas, LSU, Southern Miss, Oklahoma State, Colorado State, Arizona State and Tech. He said there have been more but that's all he could remember. Colorado State and Army are his most recent offers.

Zach's father, Roderick, played basketball at Tech from 1984-1987. Zach says it would be really great to continue the Hannibal legacy of playing sports at Tech. Hannibal has made the trip down Interstate 20 several times to see Tech practice during the spring.

"I love the family like atmosphere [at Tech]," Hannibal said. "It's hard to pick just one thing, I really like everything [about Tech]."

Hannibal and the Tech coaches have created a bond and he says he likes the vibe he gets when he's at Tech. He even has a connection to two players associated with Tech, one player already at Tech and also a commitment. The current Bulldog Hannibal knows well is Xavier Woods and the two have known each other since they were young. Ladarrius Thomas is currently committed to Tech and they grew up together in Monroe.

Hannibal says he has a lot of interest in Tech. While he is not sure who else is at the top with Tech, "If I had to make a list [Tech] would be one of the first one's for sure."

Soon after his spring game Hannibal says he will "probably" make a decision. Louisiana Tech is in good shape with the long cornerback from Monroe.

[highlights]

Reactions: benjamin4820
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News