ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Can't sleep having Nightmares

kappakall

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2021
I have 2 concerns:

UNT Offense is decent. I need Power and the gang to get some stops. If not, this game can easily get out of hand. Pressure the QB and stop the run. If they spread us out and we only have 5 in the box it will be a long day. Trust your secondary and stop the run.

2nd we are really wounded at outside WR. Cyrus is 40%, Duru is out, Max is Out, Tru is 80% and JLew is 70%. Marlion is 90% without experience and DeColdest Is healthy but still learning. #89 Clayville has been called up from scout. We are not healthy outside.

With that being said we have to be able to run the ball and Smoke has to have over 100 yards.

***This was my post before the game. We did just what I thought we would do. Both safeties lead the team in tackles which shows we don't understand how to stop the running game. Then we place our corners in press man without pressure and get them cooked. Coach Power OMG. As I'm watching from the stands, I'm screaming "we don't have enough hats in the box"!!! This is learned durning Jr High football. Those folk had almost 600 yards of offense. That is ridiculous!!!! I can write a term paper on how Power has us at a disadvantage before they even snap the ball. It's Called "Pre-snap Beat". Meaning before they even snap the football, by alignment we are beat or at a disadvantage.

Now on to the offense:
N Tex was just as bad, however we continue to start #22 as a limpy, limping Rb that shouldn't start until he gets healthy. We start the game throwing a deep streak route to a WR that can't separate or get open. With him on the field, we are really playing with 10 men. Such a disadvantage. Then we run the football outside when N Tex only had 4 in the box. We should've ran up the middle until N Tex fixed their box, however we throw a deep post to our blocking TE. We have about 4 guys that can come in as the 4th WR to catch that ball.

At halftime we had on 5 pass attempts. I took 2 phone calls asking if it was storming. in Ruston.... Why do y'all have only 5 pass attempts ??? I responded "Hell I don't know".

Hank gets cheap shot and I was looking to see if we would get hyped and fight for our leader and I just saw us standing around, no fire, no passion, etc. Sad to see.

This staff is playing games and politics with kids. We have another smoke on the roster. Solo Lewis doesn't even dress out. He is the fastest player on the team and don't even dress out because the staff is mad at him. Must be able to handle troubled young men. DeColdest is so much better than the guy in front of him it's not even close. But he comes in to just give #16 aa breather. Unbelievable!! J Lew is just on the bench not sure why he isn't playing. #4 Shelton was healthy but we start a limping #22 and run him outside while N Tex has 4 in the box. We have Marilon #82, a big WR who could be the 4th WR in the spread however we throw to TE's that can't create separation as well. Its got to be a nightmare for Hank..

PS: We threw the ball downfield with Jack because we were behind by 16 pts and needed to score.

Lastly, the strength & conditioning staff ---Yikes. injuries, weak, soft, and not tough. I told you back in February that we don't "Power Clean" in the weight room. SMDH

The End

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News