ADVERTISEMENT

RANT CUMBIE = ELLIS JOHNSON

zjc22

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2012
Frisco TX
It is now time for our leaders and our incoming president to really figure out what to do with Tech. We lack funding, we need fan/student support, and we need to be done with Cumbie. When he was hired I was pumped as I thought he did a great job at TT. My boss at the time said that Cumbie was a more conservative OC but he would be light years better than Skip. Cumbie is almost as good as a checked out Skip. EW and other leaders REALLY screwed up with this hire.

How do we get out of this mess? Well how did USM get out of this mess? They sold their home game for Nebraska to buy out Ellis Johnson. We must do the same with NC St or Kansas. That just solves getting rid of Cumbie. Even if we get rid of Cumbie that still doesn’t solve everything. We are still bottom of the barrel for budget. We had Briles and another coach interested in coming to Tech before settling on Cumbie. We couldn’t afford them. Henderson needs to make an immediate change to the fees BS and act like the adult in the room so that Tech can properly fund the university in all aspects. That will open the door for better sports but also raises for our current profs as well.

It is time for bold leaders and bold decisions to be made. If Henderson is the guy then I don’t envy him for taking the job because of the mess that he has inherited. If big moves are not made then indifference will settle in more and the university could easily become NSU or worse in the coming years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News