ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Jarred Craft on Fr Year at Tech

Great article!

I want to say that I wish Craft a great career at atech, but hope that he knows he will be competing against some great guys that are coming in.

Exactly. Let's hope we get as deep at all positions as we are at RB. Sure would be awesome to make it to an Access Bowl or five and become the new Boise.

Exactly. Let's hope we get as deep at all positions as we are at RB. Sure would be awesome to make it to an Access Bowl or five and become the new Boise.
We beat Boise the first four times we played them. Since then, we have lost nine straight. The change resulted because Boise continually invested in their program, while investment in ours was frozen for 20 years. Boise now has the reputation, facilities, and resources to recruit widely on the West Coast and into Texas. But, they will never have our rich local recruiting area. Boise can be duplicated and replaced; not this year or next, but Boise is NOT unreachable.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeekerHound
Actually thought we beat Boise the first 5 games we played them but I haven't looked it up. We can catch them for sure if we put our collective backs and pocketbooks to it.

Ok, so I got to looking at our RBs that are listed on the roster. Something stuck out to me while looking at it. First, though, I want to go over the players on the list?

Kenneth Dixon, SR, 5'10" 212 lbs
Blake Martin, RS SR, 5'10" 196 lbs
Marlon Seets, RS SR, 5'10" 219 lbs
Jay Gafford, JR, 5'11" 215 lbs
Jarred Craft, SO, 6'0" 215 lbs
Boston Scott, RS SO, 5'6" 195 lbs
Tywun Walters, RS FR, 5'11" 218 lbs
Jaqwis Dancy, FR, 5'11" 190 lbs

The first thing I notice is that we will be losing 3 RBs, 2 of which have a decent amount of experience. Coupled with this, I see only 1 RB that has experience, Jarred Craft. The next thing I notice is we have two young guys that have a lot of potential in Tywun Walter and Jaqwis Dancy (I fully expect Dancy to get redshirted).

Due to this, I wonder what our strategy will be on recruiting RBs the next couple of years. We already have one guy, who doesn't really impress me much, but is a big guy that could be used as a FB that would probably be used mostly in the Diamond or T Formation. I think that Walters will probably be our main starter as I believe that he is probably the next best RB to Dixon (he is faster than Dixon I believe and has similar strength, but doesn't have as much football IQ as Dixon) and so I don't think that Ladarrius Thomas will see much time since Walters fills the role of a big back. I would like to see us teally push for a RB that is an upper 3 star to low 4 star and has P5 offers. I think it could be an easy sell to get them here (especially if we give Holtz a contract extension that is very favorable) because we have a RB that will be going into the draft with a lot of good reviews, he could compete for immediate starting time (unless either Walters or Dancy become absolute beasts), constantly competing in championships and bowls, and hopefully beating P5 teams to where we can say that we are are just as good as any mid level P5 school (Damarea Crockett looks like a good get to me).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT