ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL LA Tech Marketing

BCarlisle37

BTB Publisher
Staff
Dec 21, 2015
Ruston, LA
I've got something weighing on me, so let's talk it out.

When Sonny Cumbie was hired, Tech has released these two videos:

When Michael Desormeaux was hired, ULL released these two videos:

Tech can put together STRONG promotional videos, we've seen it before. The standard needs to be raised, the expectations have to be higher.

This isn't the job of any of OUR coaches. NONE.

We hosted a regional in baseball 6 months ago, does anyone know what the guys have been up to throughout the fall? We haven't seen enough promotion on social media. Matulia, Young, Fincher, Netterville, I could go on and on and on about the players that are marketable on this roster. BLAST THEM EVERYWHERE.

Football, we went 3-9. It wasn't a great year. I get it. However, Sonny Cumbie is now OUR HC. What are WE doing to create excitement for 2022? Are we going to have Cumbie mic'd up on signing day? Will cameras be there? Have we been filming winter workouts as guys look create excitement for next season? What's the plan for the spring? We have a BRAND NEW HC. Are we going to mic him up for 15 practices and create a series of "episodes" to create excitement for OUR fans?

Kenneth Lofton Jr is one of the most marketable athletes we've had at Tech in years. Kane McGuire promotes the heck out him. Does anyone else in athletics? The promotions for the ULL game were solid, but have we been marketing the Dunkin' Dogs in Shreveport/Bossier for the game next Saturday? Or does that not start until next week?

I'm airing it out, but I'm so frustrated. IF this place is going to change, particularly in football (it's the primary money maker), Sonny Cumbie and his staff can't do it on their own. It start NOW. Not in August. It has to get better. We have to step up to our competition. It's not hard. We could come up with 100s of great ideas right here on this board in an hour. In an era where we struggle with COA and NIL, the least that can be done is promote the living heck out of our athletes. They deserve it. The fans deserve it. It creates buzz.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News