ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Notes from Signing Day Event

BCarlisle37

BTB Publisher
Staff
Dec 21, 2015
Ruston, LA
Evolved Tampa-2 defense, more aggressive. Power learned it from the Monte Kiffin, Dan Quinn, Kris Richard coaching tree.

Shelby will start into the boundary as a CB. Will see how his body evolves to see whether or not he eventually moves positions. A guy that has position flexibility.

Mozee is just talented. Multi-sport athlete, runs track. 1st Team All-State kid, all district on both sides of the ball. Another guy with position flexibility.

Elijah Bowser is a 4 for 3, Parr said he kept him off recruiting lists, he wanted him back at Navarro for his sophomore year in 2022. Single mom that drives 18-wheeler trucks all over the country.

They compared John Locke to Jace Amaro.

Couple weeks ago, Sonny Cumbie sent Nathan Young home 2 weeks on a Saturday, during a recruiting weekend, for Young’s sons 8th birthday. Talked about that being the type of man that Tech has hired. A family man.

Landon Nelson was a walk-on at Iowa Western CC. 240 pounds in high school. Will be here for the spring.

Gatson strengths is that he gets downhill, plays behind his pads, powerful runner. He’s been on trips everywhere in the country, but Gatson told him, “Louisiana Tech was un-matched. It felt like family as soon as I arrived. I can’t wait to get to work.”

Cumbie said Lyddy is the cornerstone to this class. Trusted us enough to stay committed. Great pocket presence, really strong arm, really accurate. He’s what you look for in a starting quarterback. He’s been on campus for the last 3-4 weeks, he’s a worker. He’s everything you look for in a QB. It’s my job to get him ready to play. He’ll be a great ambassador for our program. Billy Joe Tolliver assures me he’s going to be a 1st round pick.

Cumbie raved about Teddy Veal’s value to this staff. Was pretty cool. Teddy will earn his 3rd degree from Tech at end of winter quarter. Teddy evacuated to Ruston for Katrina, place has always been home for him.

Spring practice starts March 22nd. Spring game is April 23rd.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News