ADVERTISEMENT

Remember Lucas Jackson?

jay2000

BTB Dogg Father
Staff
Feb 5, 2003
Ruston, LA
the last high profile Louisiana linebacker that went to arkansas was lucas jackson. he was a 4 star guy that weighed 220 pounds. they tried to beef him up to a 265 pound DT, and now he plays for Grambling.

http://nfldraft.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=1826&Sport=1

I would think real hard before I got involved in everything that is going on up there.

Lucas was hardly the last "high profile" LB to come out of Louisiana. He was in the class of 2002. Cameron Vaughn was a 4-star in the same class. Kirsten Pittman was a 4-star LB in the class of 2003 (later moved to DE). Luke Sanders 4-star in 2004, Darry Beckwith 4-star in 2005.

Too bad for Lucas that he fell so far. I lived in Arkansas and have many good friends there. The word was that was just too slow to play LB in the SEC. Apparently his 40-time was exaggerated in HS...that and his football speed was too slow.

Hey Fly,

I think you might have misread jay's post. I think he was talking about the last high profile LB out of LA that signed with Arkansas. Not just the last LA high profile LB. At least that's how I read it.

Your post basically summed up his point though, the last LA highly recruited LB that went to Arky didn't have as much success as anticipated.

sorry, i didnt word it too well.

i wish jelani would stay closer to home and represent louisiana!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT