ADVERTISEMENT

TECH NEWS Tech Bowling selected for Arlington (TX) NCAA Regional

rene_lesur

All-Conference
Gold Member
Apr 14, 2021
Richardson, TX
If you are interested in watching a successful Tech sports program in action or if you are intrigued by the concept of competitive team bowling, consider heading to Arlington, TX to watch the LA Tech bowling team compete in the NCAA Regionals on April 7-8. Earlier today the Lady Techsters received an at-large bid to the regional. They face off against conference foe Sam Houston State on Friday. #1 nationally ranked McKendree is also in this regional. SHSU beat Tech in the conference tournament semifinal and narrowly lost to #3 national seed Arkansas State in the final.

I was able to attend Tech's match versus SHSU in Rowlett, TX last Sunday (3/26). I must say that the match was more exciting than I anticipated. It is a quick paced team event whose score can turn direction in the blink of an eye. Coach Nantais has had great results with this program, and we know that he is doing it with the smallest of budgets. If you have free time that Friday or Saturday, I recommend giving it a try. The first match is at 9am on Friday. It's a double elimination bracket. The second match is scheduled for 3pm on Friday followed by the last two rounds on Saturday. Play will roll into Sunday only a final deciding match is required.

Extra notes:
The host venue is the Bowling International Training & Research Center in Arlington, TX. It's located at 621 Six Flags Drive near all of the sports stadiums. It is in the same building as the Bowling Hall of Fame. Who knew that resides in Arlington?

#1 McKendree won last year's national championship. They are coached by the head coach of USA Bowling.

The Southland Conference is considered the "SEC of the bowling conferences." 5 of the 8 conference teams are in the national tournament. 5 of the 17 teams in the tournament are from Tech's conference.

I hope to see you there. Feel free to ask questions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News