ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Transfers for 2020

BCarlisle37

BTB Publisher
Staff
Dec 21, 2015
Ruston, LA
The following players have been brought in as transfers for the 2020 season.

QB Luke Anthony (Abilene Christian) -- 6'0, 203 pounds, 2.5 year starter at ACU, 2-year team captain, threw for over 6,200 yards and 51 TDs. He's already enrolled in school, I expect him to start at QB.

WR Jerrod Means (Tennessee) -- 6'2, 215 pounds, 3-star recruit with 25 D1 offers out of HS in 2019, from Lovejoy, GA, will need a waiver to be eligible in 2020 which is a very real possibility, would immediately help Tech at the outside WR spot, can really run, left Tennessee after they tried to move him to DB the first day he was on campus after recruiting him as a WR, he's already enrolled in school

OL Donavaughn Campbell (LSU) -- 6'5, 360 pounds, will compete for time at guard in 2020, at worst he'll be the third guard, at best he'll be a starter, played around 150 snaps at LSU over 4 years, just never really put it all together, chose Tech over an offer from Purdue, was also recruited by Miami (FL) and USC, Tech recruited him out of HS

DT Gerald Wilbon (Texas) -- 6'3, 325 pounds, will be the starter at NT/DT for the Bulldogs in 2020, played over 400 snaps during his days at Texas, South LA kid that Tech recruited out of HS

S/CB/LB Khalil Ladler (Virginia Tech) -- 5'11, 190 pounds, was a starter at Virginia Tech in 2018 as a sophomore, played a lesser role as a junior, Tech had a connection to him through new DC David Blackwell, looks to be a box safety on film, will come in and start at some spot on defense in 2020.

I've also heard that QB Trent Wessel from FAU will be a walk-on as a grad transfer in 2020, but I'm not 100% on that. If he is, I expect him to be in more of a mentor role, possibly looking to get into coaching following the season. I've heard he was enrolled in spring quarter.

Tech is still in the running for K/P Tyler Sumpter from Troy, DT Tyree Turner from South Alabama, and possibly a CB. I think they probably have room for 2 of those.

Pays to hold spots open for grad transfer season as it becomes the norm more and more across college football.

As always, I'll answer any questions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News