ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Update on Ke'Travion Hargrove

PPickerNBigD

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2018
1 - Thanks to the poor service at the time of the order on Thursday night (07/06) around 7 p.m. at the Flying Burger, at which time two ladies could not get my order right, I told them forget it. I ended up going for a small pizza at Johnny's, my first since 2019.

2 - While in line at Johnny's, I stumbled upon a trimmed down and younger looking Ed Jackson..

3 - While enjoying the pizza, I saw a muscular athlete, football or basketball, on the outside walking to the door. He had been in a nice black Altima, Accord, or other car...wow! As he entered through the door, he was 5'11" or 6' and in the range of 185-195 lbs. (Later, he stated that he's up to 200 lbs.) He spent a few seconds at the counter and walked away. I inquired if he is at Tech and whether he plays football or basketball. He replied, "I am at Memphis and play football." When I inquired about his last name, he mentioned Hargrove. I replied, you play at Ruston High, committed to Tech and flipped to Miss State, and apparently you did not see much playing time. I inquired if he was playing behind some veteran players. He replied, "that was part of it, but a couple of coaches left after Coach Leach expired, and he felt it was time to make a change." He thought I was a recruiter, and I told him "no, I keep up with college football, especially Tech, since I'm a Tech alum." I told him that I had heard good things about him, and I was looking forward to seeing him play in front of the hometown crowd. I wished him well at Memphis, and I would be keeping an eye on his stats. I told him I'd things don't go as planned at Memphis, come on back to Ruston and play for Tech. I was impressed with his soft voice and his communication with me. I felt tempted to ask about his nice car, but I chose not to say anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News