ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Some News to “Report”

BCarlisle37

BTB Publisher
Staff
Dec 21, 2015
Ruston, LA
This morning I arrived at practice - early, as usual.

Just before the second period started, Coach Cumbie called me over to where the entire offense / offensive coaching staff (outside of Nathan Young) was gathered. After asking me to introduce myself and tell the offense what I did, I explained that I covered recruiting, radio show, postgame show, etc. As I spoke, he interrupted me to demand that I "look them in the eyes when I talk". When I was finished, he proceeded to tell me that I wasn’t supportive enough to be given further access to the program, kicked me out, and told me that I was no longer welcome at practice except during open media portions (which hasn’t occurred since fall camp).

I've been doing this for a long time. And I've been a Tech fan since I was born. Truthfully, it is very difficult at times to remove my very biased "fan" hat in favor of my un-biased "journalist" one. Plus, if you've been following what we do here for any amount of time, you know that I am often laughed at for my "homer-ism." I will find any reason possible to see a silver lining with this program. But one thing I will not do is fail to give this board, our members, and our listeners an accurate assessment of how I think things stand in all our athletic programs.

Tune in tonight for BTB Radio at 6 PM on Sportstalk 97.7 for more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News