ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Way too early look at 2017 Class numbers

jay2000

BTB Dogg Father
Staff
Feb 5, 2003
Ruston, LA
QB:

Higgins will be a senior, leaving four young quarterbacks in the program. Unless they all fail to gain Holtz's confidence, I don't think he will look for a JC or a graduate transfer. There could be a freshman signed if he is good enough.

Prediction: 1 freshman

RB:

Craft and Scott will be juniors, with Dancy as a sophomore. With two running backs in the '16 class, I don't expect a rb to be signed unless, like at QB, there is a rb too good to pass up.

Prediction: 0

WR:

Childress, Taylor, and C. Smith will be seniors with Gaines, Henderson, and Watts entering their junior year. Wide Receiver will be the focus of this class. McKnight and Alfred Smith along with freshmen Woodard and Bonnette are the only young guys in the program.

Prediction: 4 total, 1 possible JC

OL:

5 seniors, 4 sophomores, and 2 freshmen coming back plus 4 incoming freshmen and 1-2 possible junior transfers. With 1 to 2 juniors on the 2016 team, there isn't a huge need to sign O-linemen in the 2017 class. Look for 1-2 offensive tackles just to build depth there with so may high school guards in '16.

Prediction: 1-2 freshmen

DT:

Aaron Brown is a senior, Wallace and Bradford are sophomores, Gray is a junior, and Davenport is a freshmen. One incoming freshman.

Prediction: 2 freshmen

DE:

Canty is a junior, Ferguson, Turner, Ydarraga are sophomores. Brinson is a freshman. One incoming freshman. One more potential freshman and one potential JC. With no expected turnover, I expect just one HS DE signed.

Prediction: 1 freshman

LB:

Grogan is the only only senior, with Farris and Mims back as juniors. Scott, Durman, Washington, and Moore are sophomores, and Freeman and Williams freshmen. One incoming junior, and two incoming freshmen. I wouldnt expect any jucos. 1-2 HS kids just to keep the depth coming.

Prediction: 1-2 HS

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News